At Outside, we are dedicated to becoming the home for active lifestyle participants. We create innovative, motivating services that make people more aware of the possibilities with their activities, training, and nutrition, and aim to motivate them with more knowledge and inspiration everyday.
At Outside, employees live our mission. We are passionate about what we do for the active lifestyle participant and we practice what we preach. Outside has an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes weekly at our weekly all-hands get-togethers. We stand behind our mission and are committed to changing the world one activity at a time.
The Executive Assistant will primarily support the Office of the CEO and its day to day activities.
From day one, the EA will have an immediate impact on our productivity, using their organizational and problem solving skills to drive efficiency, streamline incoming requests, work closely with the CEO and Chief of Staff to communicate objectives between departments, and work on special projects. Reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. This job is located in Boulder, CO.
1) The EA will primarily assist the CEO with daily administrative duties and complete avariety of tasks that include managing an active calendar with shifting priorities; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging travel itineraries and compiling documents for meetings.
2. Communicates with people on the CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics for high-level meetings both internally and externally. The EA will also assist with coordinating meetings and activities with the broader team, including offsites, team building and social events
3. Drafts presentations, meeting minutes/actions, and works with the CoS to prepare written communication on behalf of the CEO.
4. Support CEO’s internal and external communications designed to keep company staff members and public network informed by reading/gathering data and articles, drafting, and editing
5. Provide assistance as needed to front desk operations to include but is not limited to, answering phones, accepting package and other deliveries, ordering lunches, and greeting and signing in visitors/guests.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with communications background
● Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
● 3-5 years providing support to a C-level executive, upper-level management in a related organization
Skills & Abilities:
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and investors.
● Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
● Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and best practices.
● Strong knowledge of and passion for outdoor activities a plus, including races/racing, gear trends, key players, current events/issues, popular destinations, and training, injury and nutrition principles
● Proficiency in G-Suite, Slack, PowerPoint; Ability to learn new software
● Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
● Ability to work with a broad range of people including investors, Board members, colleagues of the president/CEO and staff, and others.
● Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
Colorado employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $60,000 to $80,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.