ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
The Advertising Operations team is a fast-paced dynamic team in need of an experienced and knowledgeable Digital Campaign Manager. You will play a key role in supporting the post-sales marketing team while managing the fulfillment and performance of digital display, video and email marketing campaigns. We’re looking for the right person to strengthen client relationships by providing strong communication and operational intelligence.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Be responsible for post-sale campaign launch including but not limited to: Review of contracted Terms & Conditions, client outreach and aggregating assets, securing site inventory across 15+ websites within the Outside brand, communicate order elements to all respective parties, QA trafficking setup, monitor and optimize campaign to meet client expectations and provide client with ad hoc and end of month reporting.
- Manage receipt, testing, and any required technical adjustment of creative in time for campaign launch.
- Prepare and and participate in Wrap Up Reporting discussions with Client Success, Sales and the client.
- Focus on campaign pacing and performance to ensure campaigns are on track to deliver budget allocated to specific products
- Communicate specifications and ad operations timelines to clients in a timely and professional manner, and post-sale serve as the main ad operations point of contact for clients.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Optimize campaign flights both to meet guaranteed delivery as well as to achieve benchmarks provided by client in their request for proposal
- Identify and investigate 3rd party reporting discrepancies
- Collaborate with multiple departments including trafficking, editorial, digital planning, client success, custom content, email marketing, product project management from campaign launch through the end of campaign reporting cycle.
- Communicate campaign complications to salesperson and client and offer viable alternatives Achieve full comprehension of the functionality of video, display and email ad servers and the delivery and performance monitoring
- Practice the ability to problem solve and strategize, juggle multiple tasks while managing and monitoring a high-volume of digital campaigns
- Manage significant volumes of digital campaign details and issues while remaining organized and highly responsive to internal and external client needs
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be able to carry out the troubleshooting processes designed to identify and resolve issues caused by trafficking setup errors, mistakes in content management system or technology malfunctions.
- Obtain heavy knowledge within systems including Double Verify, Integral Ad Science, FatTail, SalesForce, Asana, Dropbox, Hubspot and Sailthru.
- Meet and exceed client expectations by providing the highest level of customer service and developing strategies to resolve issues as they arise.
- Mentor newer team members, stay informed on their client challenges and work with them to identify and enact solutions.
What YOU bring to Outside:
- 2+ years of experience in AdOps, Campaign/Account Management preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. BA in marketing, statistics, advertising or business preferred
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel) and Google Docs.
- Must be able to comprehend and articulate analytical data
- Experience in Double Verify, IAS and other ad verification UI’s an advantage
- Must exercise great proactivity with strong communication, customer relations, and analytical skills
- Ability to stay on task and follow outlined processes.
- Should enjoy working collaboratively across multiple departments
- Ability to thrive in a nimble, detail and deadline driven environment
- A strong level of comfort and confidence in answering and/or resolving client inquiries is necessary
- You’re a fast learner who embraces change and brings along a “Can Do” attitude
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $50,000 to $60,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors