Does getting “dressed up” mean layering up and heading outside, no matter what the weather? Are you the one all your friends look to for advice on gear? Are you ready to take on the challenge of inspiring thousands of people to spend more time outside by curating best in class product assortments of the latest and greatest outdoor gear? This is an excellent chance to join a young company that is pushing the creative retail envelope in the Outdoor Industry. This Buyer role is a gear junkies’ dream job. Bend is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise and now you can work for a company that embodies the Central Oregon lifestyle. So come on, we can’t wait to see what you can accomplish with us!
This role is located in Bend, Oregon
• Build and plan the product assortment for Cairn e-com platforms, with the appropriate category/brand mix and seasonal selections across all outdoor categories.
• Manage PO placement, buying timelines, and vendor negotiation
• Own margin, budget, and inventory goals
• Maintain long-term relationships with existing brand partners and constantly seek out and identify innovative brands with which to cultivate new relationships.
• Analyze product/category performance data to inform future assortment mix and constantly improve the experience for our Cairn community.
• Influence a successful and quickly growing startup. Your voice and ideas will be welcome. We’re serious — we can throw out some pretty crazy ideas in our brainstorming sessions.
• Collaborate with an awesome team! Roll up your sleeves and work side-by-side with the founders and the rest of this creative and synergetic team.
• Have fun and geek-out over outdoorsy gear and more.
• Will be successful if you have…..
• 2-5 years of Buying/Merchandising experience in consumer goods, outdoor industry preferred
• A Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Product Management, Marketing, Business, or related field.
• A keen eye for great product, cohesive assortments, and visual merchandising in an ecommerce environment
• Love the outdoors and have a developed awareness of product and market trends in most product categories in the outdoor industry.
• Have a proven ability to lead assortment planning, manage vendor relationships, and place POs in alignment with buying cycles.
• Are skilled at data analysis, tracking and managing KPIs, meeting margin goals, and owning OTB budgets
• Have experience implementing inventory management strategies to achieve optimal preseason allocation, in season stock levels, and sell-through
• Are a strong communicator and are skilled at fostering and building longterm relationships
• Are an adept negotiator (vendor terms, pricing, etc.) with an eye toward arriving at win-win solutions
• Show excellent project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle many simultaneous priorities in order to adhere to critical timelines.
• Are adaptable and enthusiastic with whatever is needed. You may find yourself fulfilling orders in the warehouse if an extra set of hands is needed.
• Display accountability and scrappiness. What does this mean? You do what you say you will, you follow-through and you figure things out.
Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $45,000 to $60,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors