ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Outside Inc is looking for an Email Newsletter Manager to participate in the overall strategy and delivery of editorial email newsletters across 20+ brands in the Outside family. You’ll be a core member of the Audience Development department, a small and fast-moving team that grows audience and drives engagement across content marketing, social media and email newsletter.
This position works in conjunction with a small team and the editors at our brands to send a variety of newsletters every day to millions of subscribers.
The ideal candidate is both data-driven and creative, helping analyze ongoing operations, and turn that information into new newsletter strategies that will grow engagement with our editorial brands.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Collaborate with editorial teams across the company to understand their email newsletter processes and calendars, and manage a small team to deliver against those goals
- Ensure the timely delivery of emails across approximately 30 lists each week.
- Create and maintain weekly email newsletter reports to share across the company and within the marketing team.
- Work with the sales team to understand sales requirements for each newsletter, and ensure that all ad assets are included correctly.
- Serve as email newsletter expert for the company, working to build, maintain and promote email best practices and strategies.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Build strategies to use newsletter automations maximize effectiveness of our metered paywall. Build onboarding strategies that help newsletters engage our audiences.
- Work closely with the CRM team to optimize customer experience between marketing and editorial email communications.
- Work across marketing and product teams to develop list-building strategies that drive audience growth.
- Propose and launch email newsletters or strategies that will increase audience engagement and website traffic.
- Review end of year email performance and present strategies for 2024.
- Analyze the relevance of current KPIs, define and optimize how to measure in 2024.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Working with the CRM team, you will troubleshoot current automations and workflows, including welcome sequences that ensure customers are receiving communications as intended.
- Build a strategy to scale a small team of contractors and employees to achieve the overall newsletter strategy and vision for the company.
- Generate new email leads through sweepstakes partnerships, house ads and on-site placements, paid advertising, and other creative avenues.
What YOU bring to Outside: (Preferred Qualifications)
- 3+ years of email marketing or CRM-related experience
- Experience with Hubspot. Other ESP platforms such as Mailchimp, Braze, Sailthru, or Constant Contact a plus.
- Experience managing lists, APIs integration, opt-in flows, consumer automations, and email newsletters.
- Strong cross-functional working experience with a variety of teams including Product, Content, Creative, Business Intelligence, and Engineering.
- Knowledge of email newsletter growth and optimization strategies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms)
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Figma is preferred
We are unable to sponsor a VISA for this position
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $54,000 to $68,000. Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant's location, market data/ranges, an applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.