Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with great enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries. Day after day, story after story, Outside Interactive, Inc., proves that a hike, a climb, a run, a ride, a day skiing, or a yoga practice can change lives - and change the world.
The Brand Director of Women’s Running is responsible for all aspects of the business growth across content, commerce, and utility to drive consumer membership revenue. This includes strategic planning, brand building, positioning, innovation, product planning, marketing direction, and partnership direction, people and business management with full P&L responsibility. This key position is the forward architect for growing the brand, identifying needs, innovating in all aspects and carving out a position for Women’s Running to thrive in a complex marketplace, while owning the full performance of this business.
This position will report directly to the Chief Operating & Commerce Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine and manage the brand direction of Women’s Running
- Develop and lead the strategy to grow and retain members through the mix of content, commerce and utility
- Full P&L management
- Study all aspects of consumers and the marketplace to identify strategies to stand out in a crowded competitive landscape
- Business planning and execution that leverages analytics to make strategy adjustments to reach business goals and long term success.
- Develop a relevant membership benefit strategy (i.e. features, perks, content, product, training) to appeal to the digital native who runs.
- Partner with a dynamic cross functional team including product, content, marketing, sales and technology. Guide strong strategies and execution in each of these areas.
- Collaborate with supporting services including product development, operations, finance/accounting, customer and circulation
- Drive innovation and a prioritized business and experience roadmap (high quality, on timeline, membership growth and commerce success)
- Maintain a network within the industry in order to stay current on issues and trends that impact the business
- Manage and grow a team of digital producers, content creators, and future positions that support the running category. Manage the performance cycle of each individual, leveraging their strengths to reach business and brand goals.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum seven to ten years of brand management and leadership
- Strong experience and track record of success in each of brand building, growth strategy, positioning, product innovation/development/launch, marketing, sales management and overall brand management
- Experience in building a successful subscription-based membership with content and commerce is a bonus
- Strong bent for opportunity identification, innovation, product development and lifecycle management
- Passionate about the running category and experience within the running community
- Running industry experience a major plus, as is intimate involvement and familiarity with target markets within the running category and outdoor space
- Proficient in P&L creation and review
- Must be able to direct, nurture and develop a highly motivated team of internal and external resources.
- Must be a strong leader able to foster and maintain a healthy team dynamic and spirit within a fast paced, problem solving based, agile, collaborative work environment.
- Effective and proficient public speaking, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and financial analysis, market research, technical product development, relationship building.
- College degree required – MBA a plus
Colorado Jobs: Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $85,000 to $120,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and many more. The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors