ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Outside is searching for a motivated and experienced Fulfillment Manager for our growing Commerce Team. In this role you will act as the lead over Outside’s Fulfillment Operations. You will do this by developing best-in-class fulfillment procedures, effective project management, and setting and achieving metrics for your team.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a fulfillment environment, with excellent knowledge of the latest industry trends and techniques, and passion for delivering an excellent customer experience. In addition to being the expert in fulfillment for Outside, you are expected to be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
● Implement and maintain the company’s fulfillment and inventory policies, procedures, and best practices.
● Develop fulfillment goals and coordinate with the team to meet them on an ongoing basis.
● Collaborate with external departments as necessary to troubleshoot issues and represent fulfillment needs and improvements.
● Work closely with others throughout the business to constantly improve our level of service.
● Lead all Bend-based fulfillment work for Outside’s Commerce team (including both full-time and part-time staff), including but not limited to:
○ Manage Outside’s selection and implementation of an Inventory Management System (ideally complete with scanning capabilities)
○ Manage Outside’s selection and implementation of our next fulfillment software system (currently using but outgrowing Ship Station)
○ Ownership over all Bend-based receiving, inventory, and fulfillment/shipping
● Lead all outsourced fulfillment (3PL) work for Outside’s Commerce team, including but not limited to:
○ Contract reviews/negotiations
○ Invoice approvals
○ Daily operational issues (e.g. order processing, receiving questions, special project requests) ● Point person on numerous special projects with internal customers (other Outside brands), at times multiple projects running simultaneously
● Ownership of all inventory related projects and questions, including point person for the Outside accounting team and their financial close process
● When needed, support the Customer Success team with customer communication and ticket management
● A relevant bachelor's degree.
● 10+ years experience as a manager in a fulfillment environment.
● Experience working in ShipStation, ShipWorks or similar fulfillment tools.
● Experience managing an Inventory Management System, additional credit given for implementation of an IMS.
● Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguous situations with customer success at the heart of every interaction.
● Knowledge of current best practices, tools, and technologies for warehouse management and order fulfillment
● Energetic, self-motivated and have great time management skills.
● Ability to stay on task and follow outlined processes.
● A positive demeanor to share with our customers.
● An interest in Active Living. Physical Requirements
● Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
● Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
● Work location is in a Bend, OR warehouse.
Oregon Jobs: Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $86,000 to $107,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and many more. The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors