Outside is hiring an Editorial Production Assistant to join our digital team. This person will work closely with our editors, art team, and production manager to present all online content in a clean, timely way. They will also assist with fact-checking stories.
This position reports to the Digital Managing Director at Outside magazine. This role can be located in Denver, Colorado or Santa Fe, New Mexico
● Tackling both daily and long-term production projects for Outside Online.
● Working closely with the production manager to build stories and packages in the CMS.
● Assisting with stock-photo research and image cropping/uploads.
● Helping with the overall display and presentation of stories.
● Fact-checking stories as needed.
We’re looking for someone who:
● Brings experience working in a digital content environment, ideally as a producer
● Is highly motivated, pays excellent attention to detail, and works well on deadlines
● Is an organized, structured, highly analytical thinker
● Excels in a fast-paced environment
● Is a team player who enjoys collaborating with multiple colleagues from different teams
● Has experience navigating a content-management system, preferably WordPress. Extra credit if you’re also proficient in Drupal.
● Is proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar design and editing applications
● Is a strong writer and communicator
● Can manage projects, solve problems, and develop smart solutions on their own
● Has a passion for the topics covered by our publications
Why You’ll Love Working at Outside
● We are passionate about outdoor and active lifestyle participants and live the lifestyle ourselves
● We are a technological and data-driven business
● We are committed to active lifestyle participants and will provide them with the world’s most personalized content that inspires and motivates them by understanding them better than any platform in the world
● We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
● We believe in autonomy and taking initiative
● We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously.
● We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
● We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
● You will be proud to say that you work for Outside and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
Colorado Jobs: Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $35,000 to $40,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and many more. The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.