Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with great enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries. Day after day, story after story, Outside Interactive, Inc., proves that a hike, a climb, a run, a ride, a day skiing, or a yoga practice can change lives - and change the world.
As our VP, Executive Creative Director, you’ll transform the Outside brand as the global leader in inspiring the audiences to engage and participate in the activities they love. You will build and lead a diversified team of creative talent to design, develop, and launch award winning work. You’ll be a key member of the marketing leadership team and a foundational part of our growth and expansion of our membership subscription products. You’ll partner closely with the leaders of the network of brands under the Outside umbrella and report into our Chief Marketing Officer.
You will help define our perspectives on the future of digital, print and physical experiences, staying abreast of consumer and market trends, while bringing the key stakeholders along the creative evolution. You will work as a creative leader, inventing, inspiring, and crafting compelling stories, exploring the intersection of creative, content and technology. You'll be leading brands to create new and interesting ways of engaging their consumers and connecting the deep potential of technology to deliver more effective and engaging experiences and brand campaigns.
Along with high level vision, you’ll still be connected to the work to help guide the teams in consistent execution. You’ll be able to roll up your sleeves to guide, mentor, and help build high-performing teams that bring to life best-in-class consumer experiences, ranging from websites and print magazines, photography, marketing campaigns, social, video, events, and emerging experiences.
We’re looking for a collaborative team player who will also be a central component of the future of our business. In this role, you will partner heavily with executives, extended marketing team, product, UX teams, category GM’s and Editor-in-Chiefs.
● Lead projects from conception through execution, partnering with several other cross functional teams to develop compelling and effective design solutions.
● Lead team and individual ideation and concept initiatives to continue the scaling of the global brand. Influence and evolve the design and creative development process.
● Interact with appropriate resources to plan and monitor the process in order to meet specified needs and resolve identified issues
● Lead the creation of innovative communication, while working responsibly within project time frames and budget parameters.
● In addition, they will maintain knowledge of current trends, relevant to the design discipline.
● Lead a team of creative directors, art directors, photographers, motion graphic artists, content producers, copywriters, and a print production team that are responsible for digital and print designs, strategic integrated branding, advertising, events and other brand experience projects globally.
● Know the insides and out of all team projects to ensure design solutions are on strategy and deliverables are met on time and with high level of quality.
● Lead projects from concept through completion.
● Drive close collaboration with internal creative team leaders and help contribute to operational processes and workflow as team scales globally.
● Bring a high level of design standards, practice and aesthetics to all design solutions and executions.
● Know design holistic strategies and solutions across all mediums.
● Possess good communication skills to build partnerships with internal marketing teams.
● 15+ years of creative studio experience with 5+ years in a CD leadership or management role at a top branding agency, advertising agency or with a consumer technology brand.
● Experienced manager leading a 20+cross-functional team of designers, photographers, videographers and writers to achieve excellence.
● Ability to direct visual design that organizes information and guides people through tasks.
● Experience creating brand guides used by both internal and external partners.
● Effective communication skills, with the ability to sell and pitch ideas, across all levels of an organization — from individual contributors to executive staff.
● Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects at once and comfortable with tight deadlines.
● Previous experience as a leader in an agency, media or technology company is a plus.
● Global experience desired.
● Expertise managing budgets and production preferred.
Colorado Jobs: Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $150,000 to $190,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and many more. The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors