ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Outside is searching for someone to run Business Operations Manager within our growing Commerce Team.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for numbers, spreadsheets, metrics, business performance, and problem solving. Candidates are expected to be excellent communicators (written and verbal) and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
● Commerce Team point person on all modeling and metrics for the business to include but not limited to: customer retention/attrition, reasons for purchasing/cancelation, review rates, budget forecasting, etc.
● Strategize, troubleshoot, and support inventory related projects alongside Commerce Operations team and Accounting team
● Frequent assessments of Commerce shipping contracts and most recent pricing, focusing on opportunities to save costs for order fulfillment.
● Support project execution on an as-need basis, particularly as it pertains to launching new projects/programs and making significant changes to existing project/programs
● Owner of Commerce expenses and financial accounting (as a liaison to the Accounting Team)
● Work alongside the Accounting Team and the Financial Planning and Analysis Team as the primarily liaison and support to their Commerce related projects and needs
● Responsible for tracking, reporting, and analyzing the performance of marketing activities, ad-hoc analytic requests, and development/automation of regular reports.
● Support the Marketing team with analysis of external and internal customer data to advise on customer growth and retention strategies.
● Work with the eCommerce team to develop, execute, and analyze A/B and Multivariate tests on the commerce website
● Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Finance or Economics
● Marketplace and/or DTC commerce experience is preferred. Start-up experience is a plus.
● Expert in Microsoft Excel.
● Experience in advanced analytic and statistical techniques related multivariate and A/B testing, digital revenue attribution, customer segmentation, and marketing effectiveness
● Experience with Google Analytics or similar web analytics, web optimization, or data management platforms
● Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
● Experience in statistical analysis (SAS or R)
● Highly organized and strategically focused with strong attention to detail and sound business judgment.
● Strong, unbiased and honest communicator. Ability to distill and articulate complex data in a clear way that can drive business decisions.
● Collaborative, adaptive and energetic individual with a positive attitude and hands-on mentality.
● Pragmatic, curious, data-driven and results-oriented.
● 5+ years experience in a similar role.
● An interest in Active Living.
● Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Oregon Jobs: Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $70,000 to $90,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and many more. The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors