The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for delivering Impact and personalizing Discovery from our award winning content to create Active Moments. From planning a hike, learning a new yoga pose or registering for their first marathon - our infrastructure ensures that we are in step with a user’s journey. We deliver reliability every day by understanding the world of active choices better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll help millions of users by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
Outside is looking for a talented individual to join our Infrastructure team full-time. The DevOps Engineer is an integral member of the team who owns all aspects of platform infrastructure: automating infrastructure builds and configuration, CI/CD pipelines, deployment strategies, monitoring and alerting, and more in support of multiple engineering teams. The ideal candidate will leverage their existing knowledge of cloud providers, infrastructure as code, and other software tools and best practices to maximize our platform's availability and uptime for both engineering teams and customers. The DevOps Engineering role reports to the Principal Engineer of Platform and Data.
This Role Can Be Remote
* Develop infrastructure as code; converting existing resources to automated solutions
* Work with engineering teams to develop efficient CI/CD pipelines
* Recommend and implement processes to improve platform reliability, security, efficiency, and performance
* Work directly with teams to understand their needs and build infrastructure to support them
* Assist with monitoring and alerting solutions to ensure teams have visibility into their application performance and availability
* Work with the IT Team to help implement and manage an SSO solution, including integrating SaaS solutions into our SSO.
* Work with the Information Security and IT Department to design, build, manage, monitor, and remediate security on our platform infrastructure environments.
* Extensive knowledge of cloud platform providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
* Comfortable working with multiple teams using different tools and cloud providers
* Experience with one or more CI/CD pipelines (CircleCI, CodeShip, etc...)
* Familiar with one or more configuration management toolsets (Ansible, Terraform, etc...)
* Monitoring and alerting frameworks, such as DataDog and PagerDuty
* Experience with implementing and managing SSO solutions
* Experience with integrating SaaS solutions with an SSO solution
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $120,000 to $160,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors