ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Outside is seeking an integrated creative thinker that loves the outdoors but, more importantly, wants to inspire people to live an active, healthy lifestyle and experience the great outdoors. We’re searching for a multi-disciplined Art Director to join a diverse group of other integrated creatives, the Outside Brand Creative team.
Objectives of this Role:
● Bring a design and visual eye to the many mediums and brands the creative team interacts and collaborates with.
● Be the day-to-day Art Director responsible for conceptualizing, designing, overseeing, and executing the design vision for many projects, campaigns and brands across the organization.
● Translate brand strategy, marketing, editorial, sales and product objectives into effective and visually arresting design and concepts
● Collaborate with cross-functional departments in developing award-winning caliber creative: brand leads, editorial, marketing, sales, video/content and print production.
● Facilitate agile and efficient art direction processes that develop and execute effective and award-winning caliber creative.
● Get your hands dirty in the design work, not just lead and oversee. We want helpful and motivated doers to join our team.
● Support a transparent, diverse and inclusive creative culture that focuses on executing award-winning caliber work that also puts the team’s overall wellness and work-life balance at the heart of it.
● Elevate the quality of design and art direction across the organization.
● Inspire the world to get outdoors with our creativity.
● Develop and oversee the creation and execution of digital-first design, brand-building design craft, converting e-commerce design, and creating innovative work across Outside channels and customer touchpoints.
● Art Direct across many channels and categories of creative including digital, marketing, TV, photography, animation, illustration, events, experiential, print, editorial non-traditional and clothing.
● Be the steward of best design and branding practices.
● Support cross-functional collaboration in the development, approvals and executions of design deliverables.
● Build presentation decks that communicate the creative clearly and how it answers the problems/insights/features
● Present your art direction POV in an inspiring and thoughtful manner.
● Be a lifelong student of creativity and design for yourself and the Brand Creative team.
● You are a creative thinker first, and an art director/designer second.
● Mentor more junior designers and art directors to elevate their craft and work.
Skills and Qualifications:
● 7+ years of experience designing and or art directing at an agency or in-house creative team environment.
● A high-quality portfolio that reflects success and experiences developing and producing integrated content, campaigns and non-traditional marketing across multiple channels from film, digital, social, and experiential, but also understands the offline and print world.
● Self-starter who is highly motivated and embodies an entrepreneurial mindset to develop creative and build brands.
● Human insights-driven in order to identify cultural and niche community insights and develop creative strategies and authentic creative experiences.
● You bring other creative skills other than design to your creative toolbox, such as: Animation, 3D, UX/UI Design, Illustration, editing, coding, Web3, etc.
● B.A. degree in marketing, design, and/or communications.
● Has experience working at a creative-led agency.
● Participates in the outdoor and endurance lifestyle–and wants to inspire the world to do the same.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $70,000 to $95,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors