Outside is seeking an email strategist to work closely with our editorial and social media teams on our slate of editorial newsletters. This position is responsible for the management of Outside’s editorial email campaigns, including maintaining the email database, managing engagement strategies, and finding ways to improve our reach and effectiveness.
This role can work remotely
Essential duties will include:
● Day-to-day management of Outside’s editorial emails, including planning some story lineups, building all editorial emails, and maintaining best
● Coordinating with the marketing team on emails as needed.
● Collaborating with the editorial and social media teams to plan and develop new email launches, including: template creation, list growth, list
segmentation, A/B testing and quality control, and back-end analysis.
● Maintaining email database and query lists based on specific segmentation criteria, including managing various integrations and API’s.
● Managing and optimizing email welcome workflows and all automated series.
● Generating new email leads through sweepstakes partnerships, house ads and on-site placements, paid advertising, and other creative avenues.
● Maintaining reporting of all email activities. Analyzing and sharing monthly and quarterly reports.
Some of the skills and experience we’re looking for include:
● Proficiency on Mac systems strongly preferred.
● Experience with SailThru or HubSpot a plus.
● Basic HTML knowledge is required.
● Must have a solid understanding of email marketing and segmentation, deployment, and analysis.
● Must possess strong project management and organizational skills.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including organization, interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of change
● A background in list growth is highly preferred
Work Visa Sponsorship is not available
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $60,000 to $70,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors