ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
The Senior Brand Director for Outside’s Healthy Living Group’s yoga, mind and wellness category is responsible for leading the editorial strategy to drive consumer membership revenue across multiple brands. This includes strategic planning, editorial planning, brand building, positioning, innovation, product planning, marketing direction, and partnership direction, people and business management. This key position is the forward architect for growing yoga and mindfulness content across the Healthy Living Group as well as the entire Outside network. This leader will be tasked with identifying needs, innovating in all aspects and carving out a position for Outside to thrive in a complex marketplace. This position will report to the GM/VP of the Healthy Living Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine and manage the future strategic direction of existing brands including Yoga Journal as well as across the Outside network
- Develop and lead the strategy to grow and retain members through a mix of content, commerce and utility
- Identify strategies, and execute on resulting plans, to create content that is compelling, “must-have” and converts
- Conducts regular business planning that leverages analytics to make strategy adjustments to reach business goals and long term success
- Develop a relevant membership benefit strategy (i.e. features, perks, content, product) to appeal to core yoga-related audiences (enthusiasts, teachers, small business owners) that drives acquisition and retention
- Partner with dynamic cross functional teams including product, creative, content, marketing, sales and technology. Guide strong strategies and execution in each of these areas
- Collaborate with supporting services including operations, finance/accounting, customer and circulation
- Prioritizes business roadmap and work output
- Maintains a network within the industry in order to stay current on issues and trends that impact the business
- Manages and grows a team of digital producers, content creators, and future positions that support the yoga and mindfulness category. Manage the performance cycle of each individual, leveraging their strengths to reach business and brand goals
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 5+ years of brand management and leadership
- Strong experience and track record of success in brand building, growth strategy, positioning, product innovation/development/launch, marketing, sales management and overall brand management
- Background working in a modern media organization: digital-first mindset, social and creator economy experience, brings a best practices tool kit
- Experience in building a successful subscription-based membership with content as framework
- Strong ability to identify opportunity in innovation and product development
- Passionate about the yoga, mindfulness and wellness category and experience within the community. Previous wellness industry experience a major plus, as is intimate involvement and familiarity with target markets within the category
- Proficient in P&L creation and review
- Must be able to direct, nurture and develop a highly motivated team of internal and external resources
- Must be a strong leader able to foster and maintain a healthy team dynamic and spirit within a fast paced, problem solving based, agile, collaborative work environment
- Effective and proficient public speaking, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to understand and financial analysis, market research, technical product development
- College degree required – MBA a plus
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $132,000 to $176,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors
It has come to our attention that fake job offers have been circulated by certain individuals/entities claiming they are representatives of Outside.
Outside does not:
1. Contact candidates or circulate job offers via text or from free email services like Gmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, etc.
2. Request payment of any kind from prospective candidates for employment or any sort of fees.
- Anyone making an employment offer in return for money or other type of gain is not authorized by Outside and is not offering an approved job.
- Outside reserves the right to take legal action, including criminal action, against such individuals/entities.
If you receive any unauthorized, suspicious or fraudulent offers or interview calls, texts or emails, Please write an email to us - HR at Outside Inc dot com.