ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR? This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Come join the Gaia GPS team at Outside and help build the future of outdoor mapping. We are looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to grow our team of active lifestyle participants who share a common interest in federated systems, their scalability and continuous improvements. You will build systems that deliver our content, create modular solutions, and continuously improve our engineering practices. As an engineer, you will provide technical direction and mentorship on engineering best practices, troubleshooting and decision making. Above all, your work will Impact the way the world finds their next activity.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
• You’ll be re-imagining existing features and adding new ones to a long-standing product during an exciting period of growth.
• You will be part of a remote but highly engaged team that forges great ideas from a work-first collaboration methodology (less meetings, more creating and delivering).
• You are empowered to prioritize how you and your team will generate meaningful impact alongside adjacent products and services.
• You will grow your own career and the careers of your fellow team members through mentorship, responsibility, respect, and trust.
• You will build an understanding of our core user base and exceed their expectations when delivering new or improved functionality.
• You are willing to share learnings and takeaways from failures and successes.
• You will create and uphold standards that align teams to your vision.
YOU WILL THRIVE IF:
• You have at least 2 years of experience with React and Typescript, coupled with a desire for building interactive visual and geospatial experiences using front end technologies.
• You have at least 2 years of experience with a back end language such as Python.
• You have a track record of creating highly usable products within small teams of other engineers, designers, and product owners. You are open to feedback and harnessing opportunities for product improvement.
YOU WILL ROCK THIS IF:
• You have experience with mapping SDKs such as Mapbox.
• You are passionate about outdoor recreation. You don’t have to be an expert backcountry skier or own an adventure rig, we want people who are hungry to make an impact in the outdoor space!
• You have experience in user interface design, information architecture, and interpreting user behaviors through quantifiable research and testing.
Outside Interactive, Inc., not only celebrates diversity, we believe that having a diverse and inclusive environment is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, veteran, or disability status. To support a workplace culture of belonging, we offer a number of trainings and resources including: participation in Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), diversity and unconscious bias training for every employee, and encouraging team members toparticipate in our active and engaged internal DEI committee
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to bepaid a salary of between $75,000 to $120,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills andprior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors