ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Do you love working on bicycles? Do you love writing about the products, maintenance tips, and technologies that shape contemporary road, gravel, and even e-bikes and gear? Outside is seeking an experienced Tech Editor to join the Outside Cycling Road & Gravell editorial team, to contribute and execute the groups’ editorial output around bike technology and reviews.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Our Bicycle Tech Editors must be ambitious and organized, possess a video-first mindset, and be able to meet the daily demands of a high-paced content organization.
- The Tech Editor should have a passion for reporting on and reviewing all the latest gear and bikes, have a high degree of mechanical aptitude and be able to sense the difference that 0.25 degree change in head angle can have on a bikes’ performance, as well as work within our team of tech editors around our goals and targets.
- The Tech Editor is expected to travel the world to some of the best riding locations to test all the latest equipment.
- Most importantly, this editor must have a deep passion for bicycle technology, and ample experience working on bikes. Our focus is largely road and gravel bicycles, however this editor must also be stoked on all types of bikes, from e-bikes and mountain bikes, to commuter rigs.
- The position requires the ability to multitask in a demanding environment under tight deadlines and lead and manage a team of editors.
Within 6 months, you will:
- In the first six months the Tech Editor will assist in planning, creating, and orchestrating all gear coverage for the Outside cycling group including Outside Cycling Group, CyclingTips, VeloNews and Outside, and works to provide consistent, relevant, and exciting gear content on all platforms.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Assist in planning, creating, and orchestrating all gear coverage for the Outside Cycling Group in a way that provides consistent, relevant, and exciting gear content on both platforms
- Interact with brands across the bicycle industry to keep up on trends and new products, and also travel to launches, often overseas as a key aspect of this role.
- Test and review road, gravel, e-bike, and even commuter bicycles and related gear, and write news, analysis, and feature stories for print and online
- Take excellent still photography of products
- Operate a WordPress content management system
- Manage short and long-term projects and adhere to strict deadlines
- Collaborate with fellow editors and keep management regularly updated on workflow
- Represent Outside as an ambassador for all our brands
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Understanding of modern bicycle technology and application
What YOU bring to Outside: (Preferred Qualifications)
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, English or other relevant degree
- 4 years experience in journalism or related editorial field
- Bicycle shop, racing team, or cycling brand employment
- Still photography with a DSLR or similar-level camera
- Boundless energy, intense curiosity, and creativity
- Deep understanding of video content creation and social media
- Ability to collaborate across brands and work with a team of Tech Editors
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $45,000 to $58,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors