Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with great enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries. Day after day, story after story, Outside Interactive, Inc., proves that a hike, a climb, a run, a ride, a day skiing, or a yoga practice can change lives - and change the world.
The Senior Producer/Editor role is responsible for the production of original content for Outside TV. Day-to-day work includes development, pre-production, field production and postproduction (editing of short and long form videos.)
• Lead editing on a wide range of video content. Projects include original series (short and long form), branded content, commercial production, podcasts, and long format documentaries/films. Must be able to meet deadlines and production schedules/budgets. Work with team members and clientele to create the best in-class video. Strong storytelling, music sensibility, basic motion-graphics knowledge and project collaboration are a must. Writing skills also needed on certain projects.
• Producing, shooting, editing and/or directing video projects across all Outside platforms and brands with ability to take concept though production, post and final delivery. Frequent travel and ability to work 10-12 hour days will be needed for many production days.
• Attending team meetings (in-person/virtual), schedule planning, expense reporting, gear maintenance.
Professional demeanor is a must for all positions at Outside Interactive Inc. including the ability to communicate up and down division and corp structures. A courteous, friendly, businesslike behavior, the following qualifications are also fundamental to this position. Specific qualifications include:
• BS/BA in Film and Video Production or other relevant degree.
• Minimum of five years’ experience editing.
• Advance knowledge of Adobe Premiere and other creative cloud applications, various camera and lighting systems.
• Working knowledge of MS Office
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. Exposure to routine office noise.
Work hours are typically Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm, however, frequent situations will require the individual to work hours outside of business hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently sit, stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The following are required and are approximate in requirement and % of time:
Use of computer: 70% while sitting or standing. Walking: 10% of time. Lifting: up to 40 lbs. 5%
Colorado Jobs: Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $65,000 to $85,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and many more. The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors