As a brand within the Outside family, athleteReg is a fast-growing platform working with over 5,000 events and over 1 million customers annually. athleteReg offers registration, results, and fundraising solutions through its different sport-specific sites: BikeReg.com, RunReg.com, SkiReg.com, TriReg.com PledgeReg.com, crossresults.com, and road-results.com. We have been working closely with event directors and participants since 1999.
The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at athleteReg will be engaged with a set of diverse but connected duties involving software architecture, performance, coding, testing, and strategy. This position requires strong programming fundamentals including writing web applications from SQL to CSS, experience with Agile, and an ability to work with different teams and individuals within the business as each project dictates.
The job can be performed remote or on-site, and will work closely with the Lead Software Engineer, Quality Assurance and Project Manager, and Senior Designer.
What you will do
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and coding of our ASP.NET 4.0 web applications, backed by VB.NET/ C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- Develop both front- and back-end (full stack) software
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to design and implement new features for our web applications
- Help solve complex engineering challenges and lead our decision-making process on the most relevant technical solutions for complex business problems and performance improvements
- Provide leadership in software engineering best practices, by staying up to date with and continuously exploring and evaluating new software development approaches
- Lead efforts to improve the efficiency and quality of our development projects
- Provide strategic leadership of our technology roadmap, collaborating with engineering team and leadership
- Consult on technology and product initiatives during planning phase to evaluate risk, complexity, and scope
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing technologies and tools that can scale to the needs of the business
- Ensure system design adheres to standards and includes appropriate security services and audit controls
- Help supervise and mentor a small group of junior engineers
- Implement, maintain, and test new and existing features
- Participate and contribute to ad-hoc development projects as they arise
What you will bring
- 5+ years experience in web development or software engineering
- Proven ability to lead strategic improvements to existing systems using architecture, infrastructure, operations, and software best practices for teams and products
- Ability to clearly communicate technology strategy to executive leadership, product management, and development teams.
- Deep knowledge of OOP Concepts & Design Patterns
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, coding, unit testing and debugging skills
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $120,000 to $130,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors