Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries. Across web, print, podcast, social, video, and TV, our brands reach millions of the most active and influential consumers in the world every month.
As Director of Performance Marketing you will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and executing the day-to-day operations of all paid marketing efforts (social, search, app store, & programmatic) to meet the growth objectives for membership, events, and app downloads across the Outside network of 30+ titles and services.
We are looking for a highly creative candidate that is well versed in measuring conversions and has a strong digital background focused on user acquisition and retention. You will own the full customer funnel and be responsible for audience development & segmentation, copywriting, creative development, research, analysis and reporting.
This position will have agency support, build out an internal team of performance marketers, have access to designers and a sizable budget for testing and scaling campaigns.
- Lead, and build, the growth (performance) marketing team and agency partner.
- Create and execute strategic audience-centric performance campaigns across a myriad of channels and tactics (social, search, app store, video, display) to acquire new customers (members & app downloads) at the most cost effective means possible.
- Develop quarterly and annual paid media forecasts that meet overall business objectives for membership, events, and editorial programs.
- Develop and deploy a testing strategy that ensures ongoing optimization throughout the customer journey to deliver ROI-positive growth that is both sustainable and scalable.
- Analyze and report on performance campaigns on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis to include notable learnings as well as CAC and ROAS.
- Develop ad campaigns/ads that optimize for cost-efficient conversions (acquisitions, downloads, etc).
- Synthesize campaign findings and present findings to marketing and leadership teams as well as the larger organization.
- Uncover creative, non-traditional and new methods of acquiring users.
- Efficiently scale paid campaigns for profitable unit economics (CAC/LTV) through data-driven analysis and insights to improve campaign effectiveness.
- Work with the creative team, marketing managers, and editorial leaders to develop ads and ad copy that is authentic, on-brand, and will meet the objectives of each campaign.
- Provide ad support to the sales team to execute client campaigns in the most cost-effective and efficient manner with accurate reporting.
- Work closely with the product, engineering, and marketing team to optimize conversion rates.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with technology partners including Facebook, Google, Apple, and other vendors
- 6+ years managing a team and scaling multi-million dollar Facebook, Instagram, Google/Bing, and App Store campaigns. You can talk us about your approach to performance marketing and detail past success stories.
- Deeply analytical with an innate curiosity and bias for action. You will succeed because you strive for excellence and continuous improvement.
- A self-starter who thrives in fast-paced environments and knows how to efficiently manage people, projects and priorities.
- Experience owning an acquisition goal and developing programs to achieve success.
- Proven experience working with integrated marketing teams, such as creative, social, and vertical owners.
- Copywriting experience and developing briefs for designers.
- Deep understanding of attribution modeling and the deployment of ‘funnel-based’ performance marketing campaigns.
- Able to analyze performance campaigns and iterate to achieve scale and cost-efficiency.
- Experience developing reports and analyzing data using Supermetrics, Google Analytics, Google DataStudio, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads/Merchant Center, App Store Connect, Google Play, Amplitude, or other reporting platforms
- Understanding of the subscription/membership revenue model in the digital media space.
- Advanced excel skills, SQL a plus.