ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with great enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries. Day after day, story after story, Outside Interactive, Inc., proves that a hike, a climb, a run, a ride, a day skiing, or a yoga practice can change lives - and change the world.
Come join the Trailforks team at Outside as an iOS Engineer. In this role, you will build software for some of the wildest adventures on earth and help people explore trails with cutting-edge data and tools. You will work closely with our small and mighty team of mobile and web engineers.
Trailforks is not just any trail mapping website, it's a user contributed database that puts the control into the hands of the people who have worked so hard to preserve and maintain the trails we love. At Trailforks our North Star is to equip our community with the very best tools to maintain and showcase local trail networks.
This role can be 100% remote in U.S. or Canada
● 4+ years experience in iOS development in Swift building high-quality production software.
● Experience developing for Apple Watch is a definite plus
● Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and testing techniques.
● Experience with multithreaded programming and mobile memory management.
● Have a deep and up-to-date knowledge of iOS design principles, patterns, and frameworks
● Value being a great team player, mentor, and communicator in a diverse and distributed team.
What You’ll Be Working on at Trailforks - Outside
● Cracking some of the most complex spatial challenges in the iOS app ecosystem
● Expanding the Trailforks community and their ability to empower their peers
● Collaborating with the larger Outside engineering team to bring 40+ years of content to life
● Building applications that excel at streamlining data storage, battery life, and reliability
Why You’ll Love Working at Trailforks - Outside
● We are passionate about outdoor and active lifestyle participants and live the lifestyle ourselves
● We care deeply about work-life balance and take unlimited PTO seriously.
● We are a technological and data-driven business.
● We are committed to active lifestyle participants and will provide them with the world’s most personalized content that inspires and motivates them by understanding them better than any platform in the world.
● We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things.
● We believe in autonomy and taking initiative; we track and reward it.
● We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously.
● We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
● You will be proud to say that you work for Outside/Trailforks and will know that the work you do brings joy to trail users every day.
This role is unable to Sponsor or Transfer a VISA
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $105,000 and $150,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.