Outside Inc. is early in its journey to build membership and cross promotion across our 20+ brands and we need a Senior Manager who can develop systems to monitor, measure, and help improve the effectiveness of our email marketing and consumer engagement efforts. You will maintain our ESP system for ~200 users in editorial, marketing, product, brand, and more, across 20+ outdoor, adventure, cycling, running, and healthy living brands. Knowledge in HubSpot Marketing Hub a plus. The Senior CRM Operations Manager will lead the process and evaluation of our current systems, providing feedback and recommendations on how to optimize. Success in this role includes supporting an enterprise brand to sell membership and drive deep engagement with our customers, as well as supporting internal users to leverage the platform with the patience and ingenuity it takes to solve complex questions.
This Job Can Be Remote
- Act as the company leader for all of Outside brands’ ESP provider use and maintenance.
- Work with ESP Customer Success Manager and Technical Consultants to evaluate email marketing performance and optimization opportunities. This includes email progress, deliverability, reporting, marketing strategies, as well as guidance on how we can utilize ESP to serve our unique business needs.
- Responsible for full audit and evaluation of the current ESP/CRM provider. After evaluation, if a new platform is recommended, then you will be responsible for RFI development, consideration and selection of potential platforms, including budget development and acquisition of funding from the SLT, supervision of the migration, and training internal users to leverage the new platform.
- Identify areas of opportunity to maximize engagement, conversion and retention. Then work with brands directly to help them make updates.
- Perform quality assurance on each major campaign and template implementation to ensure campaigns are executed error-free.
- Onboard new brands to ESP provider, manage opt-in workflows, and partner with the marketing team to develop marketing automation flows.
- Manage subscriber data, import, and segmentation using a combination of HubSpot and SQL server database queries. Ensure that new user data in support of CRM campaigns is successfully integrated into HubSpot.
- Work with editorial teams to measure and monitor the success of content that drives engagement and acquisition.
- Analyze data to identify trends, evaluate performance, and improve campaign effectiveness based on the insights using reporting.
- Work with teams across Outside and own CRM experimentation, unlocking additional growth by optimizing existing communication programs and transactional messages
- 7-10 years experience in email marketing, platform administration, or ESP platform administration (Enterprise ESP provider e.g. Marketo, Oracle Marketing Cloud, etc)
- HubSpot Marketing Hub experience is a plus
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience working with a variety of teams, including Product, Media, Consumer Insights, and Brand Managers
- High volume experience managing lists, APIs integration, opt-in flows, consumer and B2B sales automations, and newsletters
- Experience leading best practice documentation for organizations including GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CCPA, CASL, Design, HTML/CSS, and list maintenance
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing integrations between ESP and MetaRouter, Shopify, Wordpress or similar platforms
- Experience with subscription based business models a plus
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple brands/business verticals at once
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to deliver against expected outcomes leading complex, cross-organizational initiatives
Publications you will work on include:
Outside | Outside TV | Gaia GPS | Peloton | athleteReg | Yoga Journal | SKI | Backpacker | VeloNews | Climbing | Women’s Running | Triathlete | Better Nutrition | Bicycle Retailer | Clean Eating | Fly Fishing Film Tour | IDEA Health & Fitness Association | Muscle & Performance | NASTAR | National Park Trips | NatuRx | Oxygen | PodiumRunner | Roll Massif | Outside Business Journal | Vegetarian Times | VeloPress | VeloSwap | Warren Miller Entertainment | GymClimber | RockandIce | TrailRunner | FinisherPix | Paleo Magazine | Beta | Cairn
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $75,000 to $90,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This