Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Outside is searching for a product manager in our Boulder, Colorado office. Outside is a remote-friendly organization, so candidates who prefer to telecommute will also be considered. The Product team is seeking a Product Manager to interface with the Engineering, Editorial, Sales, and Marketing teams as we grow and intensify the pace of innovation at Outside. You will be working across multiple areas within Product, including our 30+ websites, our mobile apps, the data warehouse, ad products, and marketplace, among others. You will drive a vision to leverage bleeding-edge technology, build a rich data asset, and create a culture of making data-driven decisions across the product lifecycle and the enterprise. Your goal is to find insights that shape product direction and unlock business value.
You will complement all teams with analytic depth and rigor to shape our data for downstream analytics, conduct advanced analyses that measure impact, and build dashboards which expose data to our end users. You will also help develop solutions that enable the delivery of performant and innovative advertising and marketing experiences across POM’s digital properties. While this role will focus on improving the advertising and sponsorships performance across the digital enterprise, this person will also be expected to wear multiple hats and contribute deeply to our other product verticals, including Marketing.
This is an ideal opportunity for a strong product manager who is passionate about continuing to nurture their technical expertise while managing product delivery. The person who will thrive in this position loves all aspects of data and analytics: from wrangling and sanitizing poor digital hygiene, to owning the instrumentation of analytics, to leading implementation projects with engineers, to demystifying and explaining non-obvious insights to a spectrum of audiences who might lack technical savvy.
● Own implementation and instrumentation of tools, basic hygiene and risk/reward when considering new tools, and data integrity to ensure that the data and analytics we’re getting are accurate.
● Works with editors, Sales, and Marketing to demystify the data we’re getting and also to guide editors on what they should care about.
● Become the product-management expert at Mode, Amplitude, and GA; own the Metarouter pipeline (with support from engineering); and become instrumental in setting up editors, marketing, and executives with relevant dashboards of meaningful metrics.
● Serve as a resource for analytics questions that Editors, Sales, and Marketing have on performance.
● Work with product-management Leadership to devise a North-Star Metric for the Editorial group.
● Support the Advertising and Marketing organizations across the enterprise, by swiftly addressing bugs, migration outliers, and inconsistencies. Own communication between Advertising, Marketing, and Engineering.
● Develop the product roadmap for advertising and marketing.
● Oversee and own network-wide header-bidding code and features; help vet and implement prebid updates, programmatic partners, and other ad-tech providers.
● Help develop custom ad and sponsorship experiences (race features, challenges, etc) through cooperation with Sales, Marketing, Editorial, and Engineering; improve, present, and develop new documentation on products and the digital advertising ecosystem to sales and other stakeholders to support company strategy.
● Contribute to analytics and vendor integrations with multiple providers; maintain reporting APIs with various third-party platforms.
● Help manage data-compliance tools to comply with regulations such as GDPR and CCPA.
● Assist with revenue and inventory forecasting and analysis, monetization strategy, data strategy, and anything else involving data or AdTech platforms.
● Assist with the design and execution of A/B testing to optimize KPIs such as CTR, CPMs, viewability, impressions/pageview, etc.
● Partner with product-marketing managers in Marketing to dig deep on ESP triggering in Hubspot, setting up automations for various types of users.
● Newsletters: Work with Marketing, Editorial, and Advertising to help grow and monetize our numerous newsletter offerings; work with website PMs to bring to life the new newsletter offerings and features.
● Provide reporting and analytics, in collaboration with Analytics PM.
● Work with Marketing and the Website PMs to create scalable Marketing pages and features to drive membership.
● Own implementation, coordination, and analytics of our ESPs, Hubspot and Sailthru.
● Work with Marketing to implement conversion tracking for paid ads and retargeting.
● 3+ years of experience working with data and engineering teams.
● Ability to conduct advanced analyses of product and user behavior that measure impact of feature releases and identify high-impact opportunity areas, leveraging experimentation and statistical simulation where warranted.
● Experience managing complex projects across teams, building processes, and coordinating release schedules.
● Expertise in a wide range of data tools.
● Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, or a related discipline.
● Experience translating technical requirements into plans.
● Experience presenting demos, status updates and risk/mitigation strategies, and communicating through VP level.
● Ability to articulately communicate key insights and recommendations to colleagues across the organization.
● Past experience in a full-time data-analyst or -insights role.
● Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels from engineers to directors and vice presidents.
● Experience with A/B testing.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $85,000 to $115,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors