ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Outside Inc. is seeking a Live Operations Manager to facilitate live streaming operations for the brand. The ideal candidate will manage live streaming events, the encoders for operations and testing, and create procedures and best practices for event operations. The ability to develop, own, and report on key performance metrics is critical with the ability to discern priority and focus resources where necessary.
You will be self-motivated with a deep understanding of streaming operations and broadcast engineering. Weekend and overnight hours are required to support international sports schedules.
This role will report directly to our Director of Digital Media and Operations.
● Manage live streaming events, including bike, outdoor and adventure races
● Must be able to work some nights and weekends
● Run point for the operations team on Live events and guide colleagues to perform
● Set up, test, and maintain end to end workflow for streaming events or to QA for testing.
● Fix, troubleshoot, and debug any live TV streaming issues on Outside Inc and provide root cause analyses for all major issues
● Support internal and third party engineering teams to assure projects get done on time
● Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
● Event monitoring and support across all digital platforms as well as for live events such as Ironman, GoPro Mountain Games, Gravel Bike races and more, subject to change
● QA of event publishing
● Monitoring and operations of live streaming events cross platform
● Experience with live streaming video or broadcast
● Experience working in a media entertainment environment with multiple partners and distributed teams
● Must be self-motivated & results-oriented
● Excellent internal client management and communication/ interpersonal skills
● Passion for and knowledge of interactive technology and platforms required
● Experience with troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues for streaming video
● Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related experience
Connecticut Jobs: Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $70,000 to $80,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and many more. The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors