Do you love working with non-developers, hearing their ideas, and figuring out how to turn them into
an online-reality? Can you build a full retail website from scratch, front and backends? Do you love
gear as much as you love code? If so, this job is for you.
This is an excellent chance to join a company that is pushing the creative retail envelope in the
Outdoor Industry. You will be a part of a small development team and asked to do it all (when it comes to code/development). You are expected to create and then work to project timelines.
Professional accountability, punctuality, and strong communication are as important as the quality of your code.
We’re open to you working virtually, but having you in Bend would be ideal. Bend is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise and now you can work for a company that embodies the Central Oregon lifestyle. So come on, we can’t wait to see what you can accomplish with us!
• Manage the ongoing maintenance, development, and customization of our IT ecosystem: Website (Hosted on Shopify), AWS Environment (Server & DB infrastructure), recurring billing platform, as well as all other homegrown or 3rd party systems implemented by Cairn
• Write system requirements and document all system changes
• Work with all business areas (Marketing, Operations, Product, Account, etc.) to understand the needs of the business and identify ways to use technology to streamline, optimize, and automate those needs
• Create, manage, and analyze budgetary needs for our IT architecture/environment
• Ensure all major IT initiatives are properly tested and follow a disciplined release process
• Proactively research and provide recommendations on possible technology solutions to identified business problems
• Have a software/web development background (at least 3-5 years). A related CS/Engineering degree is a plus
• Can write code that is legible, efficient, modular, well tested and handles any edge case you throw at it
• Are comfortable getting your hands dirty with the full application and server stack.
• Have an ability to lead architectural decisions
• Communicate effectively with outside vendor partners to keep projects/systems on task and ensure they are executed properly
• Have experience managing/developing e-commerce systems
• Have experience developing, designing, and architecting large-scale web and mobile applications
• Can manage 3rd party API integrations, both building and consuming
• Have a strong grasp of Python
• Have experience with Shopify
• Have experience building beautiful, responsive HTML5 designs
• Have up-to-date, first-hand knowledge of the latest CSS trends, and how they perform differently in each browser.
• Possess creative and practical problem-solving skills along with a general aptitude for reaching goals and getting work done in an environment where limited standardization exists
• Have an ability to multi-task while maintaining accurate, detailed documentation
• Are passionate about the outdoors
Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $65,000 to $75,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors