Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with great enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries. Day after day, story after story, Outside Interactive, Inc., proves that a hike, a climb, a run, a ride, a day skiing, or a yoga practice can change lives - and change the world.
Responsible for leading and implementing the print-to-digital strategy for Outside’s brand portfolio, including fulfillment, print circulation, digital circulation and membership duties. Responsible for sales, service, and distribution of all print and digital circulation products (Magazines, eMagazines, Amazon Content Delivery, Apple News+, etc). Develops and executes comprehensive sales and sales strategy, marketing, and other programs to support revenue and volume objectives. Leads and supports the evolution of a print based subscription business to a digital membership subscriber business, while partnering cross functionally with Product, Marketing and Edit to ensure a premium customer experience.
Responsible for managing both internal and external fulfillment of print based products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Architect and implement strategies to influence print subscribers into convert into one of Outside’s membership offerings.
● Develop and recommend pricing strategy for the organization to achieve the greatest results and share of the market over the long term in the industry and market trends. Adjusts circulation marketing strategy to meet changing and competitive conditions. Monitors competitive products and marketing activities.
● Establishes strategic circulation and marketing sales plans to achieve objectives including sales initiatives in converting print and digital subscribers to a membership-based model.
● Project manages all print related marketing activities, such as direct mail, blow-in-cards, tip-ons, gift with purchase programming and other activities to support print subscriber retention.
● Manages all digital distribution channels, balancing competing channels while expanding reach for brand awareness and leveraging existing communities.
● Strategically aligns and drives circulation partnerships that support audience and rate base growth, while transitioning into membership-based models.
● Manages third party agencies and fulfillment partners to ensure strategic alignment, priorities and a premium customer experience.
● Reviews and approves independent and carrier contracts; suggests or makes changes to carrier distribution activities including plant and bulk drop based on the organization's needs.
● Develops and communicates weekly, monthly and quarterly circulation reporting to keep the organization up to date on business results and customer behavior.
● Conducts regular staff meetings to communicate and address circulation related programs, problems and/or concerns.
● Monitors all financial activities including billing, collection figures, account receivables, balance objectives; subscriber payment procedures, carrier and store nonpayments. Ensures proper management of funds in all areas. Ensures all auditing reports are complete and submitted on time accurately.
● Forecasts, develops, and prepares both short and long range operating budget expenditures including anticipated capital expenses. Prepares circulation activity reports and forwards to appropriate personnel.
● Manages supporting third party solutions and prioritizes projects to support the business needs.
● 6+ years of overall experience with the ability and skill to effectively communicate and interact personally or by phone with team members, customers, vendors and all employees of the organization in a professional and respectful manner is essential.
● Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, general business periodicals, professional and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and government regulations, or technical procedures.
● Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
● Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
● Ability to apply principles of logical thinking in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions in complex and standard situations.
Bachelor's degree in the sales and marketing field or business administration from accredited college or university; or equivalent and a minimum of ten years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of five years previous executive/management experience and skill to effectively manage and direct the circulation unit. Five years experience involving circulation sales, collections, service and distribution processes necessary.
Colorado Jobs: Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $105,000 to $127,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and many more. The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors