ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
The Financial Planning and Analysis team at Outside is critical to understanding the financial levers and opportunities across our portfolio of businesses. We are looking for a Finance Manager to lead financial efforts that directly support building out a Commerce offering that best caters to our millions of users.
The role will develop financial plans, projections, and analysis to both support and further our operating and strategic decision making, partnering with Commerce leadership to help deliver optimized business results. This individual will also have direct exposure to several members of the executive team, serving as their trusted finance thought-partner.
● Develop analysis and insights that elevate our understanding of the various opportunities and risks across Commerce. Directly support forward-looking prioritization, resource allocation, and goal setting within this newly developing focus area.
● Create business models that grow and evolve with the Commerce business, starting at a fairly dynamic and theoretical basis that over-time become more data-driven and accurate. Lead all finance related forecasting, planning and variance analysis within these business areas.
● Identify and advance the understanding of key unit economics, metrics and financial levers across the business to drive further accountability and focus.
● Evaluate unique business opportunities, including potential new channels and partnerships, providing actionable insights to help inform decision-making.
● Serve as the finance business partner to all Commerce leadership, becoming a subject matter expert.
● Support our core finance processes (e.g. month close, board reporting, planning) and development of our data systems, in turn partnering with both our accounting and data teams.
What YOU bring to Outside:
● Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Finance or Economics.
● 5+ years of progressive financial experience, including in financial planning and/or investing.
● Marketplace and/or DTC commerce experience is preferred. Start-up experience is a plus.
● Expert in Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with SQL is a plus.
● Highly organized and strategically focused with strong attention to detail and sound business judgment.
● Strong, unbiased and honest communicator. Ability to distill and articulate complex data in a clear way that can drive business decisions.
● Collaborative, adaptive and energetic individual with a positive attitude and hands-on mentality.
● Pragmatic, curious, data-driven and results-oriented.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $90,000 to $110,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors
It has come to our attention that fake job offers have been circulated by certain individuals/entities claiming they are representatives of Outside.
Outside does not:
1. Contact candidates or circulate job offers via text or from free email services like Gmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, etc.
2. Request payment of any kind from prospective candidates for employment or any sort of fees.
If you receive any unauthorized, suspicious or fraudulent offers or interview calls, texts or emails, Please write an email to us - HR at Outside Inc dot com.