Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with great enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries. Day after day, story after story, Outside Interactive, Inc., proves that a hike, a climb, a run, a ride, a day skiing, or a yoga practice can change lives - and change the world.
This role can be based in Santa Fe, New Mexico or Denver, Colorado
Outside is looking for an editorial production assistant to join our digital team. This person will work closely with our editors, art team, and production manager to present all online content in a clean, timely way. They will also assist with fact-checking stories.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
● Tackling both daily and long-term production projects for Outside Online.
● Working closely with the production manager to build stories and packages in the CMS.
● Assisting with stock-photo research and image cropping/uploads.
● Helping with the overall display and presentation of stories.
● Fact-checking stories as needed.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for include:
● Someone who is highly motivated and pays excellent attention to detail.
● Someone who excels in a fast-paced environment.
● A team player who enjoys collaborating with multiple colleagues from a range of different teams.
● Experience navigating a content-management system, preferably Drupal and/or WordPress.
● Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar design and editing applications.
● Previous experience as a producer is a plus, but if you’re a fast learner and interested in the editorial processes of a national magazine, we
encourage you to apply.
Colorado Jobs: Employees can expect to be paid a non-exempt hourly rate of $19.00 to $24.00 per hour. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and many more. The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors