ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Outside Interactive is seeking a bright, energetic, highly organized and detail-oriented Head of Legal Operations with a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience gained in-house (ideally at a technology or Internet company) to join our rapidly growing Legal team. This role reports directly to the Chief Legal Officer and oversees all operations related to the Legal function across the organization. In this critical role, the successful candidate will interface with members of every level of the organization to assist the Legal team in the management, negotiation and execution of a wide range of corporate, commercial, intellectual property and strategic initiatives and the organization’s day-to-day operational needs. This role will drive the strategic planning and execution of key initiatives that increase legal operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- You will lead the design, development and deployment of key processes, guidelines, templates and forms to improve efficiency of the legal function
- With attorney support, you will draft, review, revise and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements and lead the build out of various contract templates, processes and procedures
- You will project manage various new and ongoing strategic initiatives for the legal department, partnering closely with various functions across the company to ensure effective roll-out, adoption and successful ongoing maintenance
- You will support and manage the strategic selection of law firms, drive law firm performance management, rates and other engagement terms with the aim of reducing spend, maximizing value and improving predictability
- You will assess all department resources related to matter management, knowledge management, eDiscovery, ethics & compliance, document management, billing management and various other legal technology systems, then over time implement best in class technology, systems and processes
- You will monitor spend against budget and support various budgeting initiatives within the legal department, including managing the accruals process and assisting with annual departmental budgeting and headcount planning
- You will manage the company’s IP portfolio (liaising with department attorneys and outside counsel, where applicable), including assisting with the clearance, acquisition and enforcement of patents, trademarks, copyrights and domain names
- You will assist in the maintenance of the company’s corporate insurance program, including preparing applications and coordinating among appropriate internal and external stakeholders
- You will partner closely with the Chief Legal Officer to support various company-wide strategic initiatives, including M&A, securities, corporate governance and equity and debt financings, such as coordinating and populating virtual data rooms and preparation of disclosure schedules and other documents
YOU WILL THRIVE IF:
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, creative, curious, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- You are able to simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment under tight timelines
- You are energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, hyper-growth company
- You are collegial, hardworking, confident, a self-starter and have a passion for results
- You are curious about and stay up to date on latest trends and best practices for effective legal operations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience gained in-house (ideally at a technology or Internet company)
- Experience in contract lifecycle management, including process redesign, technology and project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite of product
- Proficient in various legal technology solutions, including contract management systems (e.g., Linksquares), PO and finance platforms (e.g., Netsuite, Bill.com) and legal billing platforms (e.g., SimpleLegal)
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $130,000 to $160,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors