ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire and educate a diverse audience to participate in the activities they love and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries. Day after day, story after story, Outside Interactive, Inc., proves that a hike, a climb, a run, a ride, a day skiing, or a yoga practice can change lives - and change the world.
As a Senior Product Designer on our Mapping team, you’ll be working side by side with product managers and engineers to build products that reach millions of users and fulfill Outside’s mission to get everyone outside. Applying a user-centered approach to design, you’ll create amazing planning, discovery, and tracking experiences for Gaia GPS. Additionally, you’ll weave together Outside’s inspiring content, event services, media, online learning platform, and more to create an unparalleled user experience in the outdoor industry. We can’t wait to meet you.
What you will do:
- Be in regular contact with users, actively advocating for them as part of your design process
- Use your understanding of the business and goals of your team to guide your work.
- Actively surface data relevant to the team, and design tests based on data-driven hypotheses.
- Assist and support the facilitation of collaborative group activities and workshops with colleagues.
- Explore ideas and investigate a variety of potential design solutions in collaboration with colleagues.
- Create and send surveys, conduct interviews, and run individual usability tests in collaboration with colleagues.
- Gather, summarize, and present more complex findings across multiple types of research (discovery work, surveys, usability tests), ensuring conclusions are fair and backed by good qualitative and quantitative data.
- Create user flows and wireframes to communicate the user experience for a specific feature. You’ll leverage Outside's design system, including integrating more complex components, to create visual designs for projects. You’ll use common interaction patterns based on our existing design system and are comfortable designing for multiple screen sizes and/or platforms.
- Build interactive prototypes independently.
- Build a moderate understanding of the technology and constraints of the platform you're designing for. Understand agile methodologies and regularly participate in product stand-ups.
- Regularly collaborate with other product designers and participate in both informal and formal design critique sessions for the entire product design team.
- Proactively communicate to product design leadership, product management, and engineering what you are working on, how it's going, and what help you may need.
- Provide helpful and actionable feedback in an empathetic manner and accept feedback graciously.
- Have a curiosity to try new tools and techniques or try new areas of the business to test yourself.
- Set goals and actively work towards them to grow as a designer.
This describes you:
- 7+ years of product design experience, working on consumer websites and mobile applications where you’ve demonstrated your ability to discover, define, and deliver effective product designs.
- You have a passion for creating amazing user experiences.
- Experience in working within a cross-functional product organization, collaborating with product managers and engineers to ship and iterate on products that users love.
- A keenness for identifying user needs, defining clear solutions that align with business goals, and delivering those through detailed design.
- The flexibility to design in low and high fidelity and choose the most efficient and responsible process for the job at hand.
- The ability to integrate feedback, validate, and iterate on our products while being mindful of our customers and business goals.
- The ability to connect business strategies, and available technologies, and design solutions to deliver best-in-class user experiences.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you’ll be collaborating with others and presenting your work regularly.
- A proficiency in design, design patterns, and prototyping tools (we use Figma)
- Familiarity with basic web and app development concepts
- A genuine interest and familiarity with some of our products and a love for getting outside!
Nice to have:
- Experience with designing experiences around Media and Video content
- Experience with best practices for accessibility
- Experience with design systems and/or design ops
- Experience with mapping products, or products where maps play an important role in the user experience
- Experience with AI workflow and productivity tools
We are unable to sponsor or transfer a VISA for this position
Fully remote jobs that can be performed in Boulder, Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $110,000 to $150,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors