ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Pinkbike is looking for a Social Media Manager to join the team! The social media manager will share engaging content in a timely manner across all Pinkbike social channels. Reporting to the Content Manager, the role is responsible for growing the Pinkbike channels, driving traffic to the Pinkbike website, and executing on paid social campaigns. The ideal candidate is someone who is on the pulse of mountain biking, knows what's good, and has the right attitude for the gig. They’ll bring an organized perspective, keen eye for detail, and an ability to get things done.
Preferred location is in Squamish, BC Canada, or can be remote in Canada or United States
Within 1 month, you will:
● Publish 300+ stories across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok per month: repurposing Pinkbike editorial articles for social posts, staying on the pulse of mountain biking, reaching out to riders or brands to repost ‘viral’/engaging content, search for content to push existing Pinkbike campaigns (PB Groms, Racer Rides, Reader Rides, PBWMN), and create original stories, reels, and other pieces of content for Pinkbike’s social channels
● Work with the advertising and operations team and our clients to publish paid content on Pinkbike’s social channels which satisfy paid requirements and keep in line with Pinkbike’s organic tone and content
● Engage with the Pinkbike audience on a daily basis
Within 6 months, you will:
● Be well-versed in the analytics across all platforms and have an understanding of what content performs well, the health of all channels, and further growth opportunities.
● Contribute to the content plan and strategy for all Pinkbike social media accounts
● Create original stories/pieces of content for Pinkbike’s social media
● Facilitate all paid content to satisfy Pinkbike’s social guidelines and satisfy clients’ expectations—find ways to transform average content into successful content
Within 12 months, you will:
● On target to achieve set growth goals across all channels
● Support the long term paid social strategy for Pinkbike and bring forward new opportunities to the sales team
● Have set best practices for driving traffic to Pinkbike
● Working towards membership growth goals
● Be respected by your colleagues for helping out; it’s a team effort
What YOU bring to Outside: (Preferred Qualifications)
● 3+ years of experience in managing social media channels
● Deep knowledge of social media best practices for organic and paid content
● High level understanding and love of mountain biking—living and breathing mountain bikes is mandatory. Knowing what’s good is a critical component of the job
● An ability to measure performance through analytics
● Ability to find compelling content and share it in a timely manner
● Strong digital skills and ability to do basic Photoshop work
● Solid grammar and writing skills
Canada Jobs that can be remote or that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $50,000 to $65,000 CANADA Dollars. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors