The Senior Editor & Producer, Custom Content is a key contributor on the Custom Content team within Outside Inc.’s Advertising Marketing department. This role is responsible for working with a network of freelance and in-house writers, photographers, and videographers to create editorial-grade custom content for print, digital, and social that will resonate with our diverse audience across the Outside Inc. network and fulfill our brand partners’ objectives. The role requires proven editorial chops—the ability to assign, edit, and write everything from gear and service copy to longform profiles—experience with video production, and strong project-management skills.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as lead editor and internal project manager on custom content campaigns across all platforms.
- Partner with the client success team to define + communicate all custom components of advertising campaigns, from building clear production schedules and requesting assets to addressing client feedback and building articles for publication.
- Assign and lead-edit several stories per week, managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Facilitate production of custom video, serving as main point of contact with internal and external video-production crews and client success team
- Collaborate with sales and sales strategy teams to develop idea-driven, cross-platform marketing solutions, plans, and integrated branded content programs and proposals.
- Coordinate with art director, design freelancers, content managers, and sales associates to execute all of the above.
- Create, write, and edit supporting native content materials, including social posts, e-blasts, native integrations
- Optimize all content for SEO and social performance.
- Source photos and help produce branded content videos for clients.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience as an editor or content strategist, driving results such as audience growth and engagement or against key business objectives
- A deep understanding of digital media, social media and experiential marketing
- Proven experience in video production with keen understanding of processes, budgeting, timelines, and best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of effective cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Proactive and positive approach to problem solving and in working with people
- Organizational skills are a must to succeed on this fast-paced team
- Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic environment with shifting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Deep understanding of Google Suite and WordPress (or other CMS), with proficiency in Adobe Suite
- Experience in the active-outdoor industry and/or a personal interest in the space preferred
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $50,000 to $75,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors