Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with great enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries. Day after day, story after story, Outside Interactive, Inc., proves that a hike, a climb, a run, a ride, a day skiing, or a yoga practice can change lives - and change the world.
At Outside, we’re bringing our inspiring content and our empowering tools to a new mobile app that will be the cornerstone of Outside+, our digital subscription offering. As the Sr. Product Manager for mobile, you’ll own the vision, strategy and roadmap for this new app. You’ll collaborate with engineering and product design to bring v1 to life, and work with cross-functional partners across Outside to learn, iterate and shape the direction of the product over time.
What you will do:
- Own the vision, strategy and roadmap for Outside’s mobile app, and ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision.
- Deeply understand customer needs, and be the champion and voice of Outside’s customers as we develop and iterate on our mobile app.
- Write product briefs and user stories, and collaborate with your partners in engineering and design to ship features in our app that we are proud of and that our customers love.
- Make tough tactical prioritization decisions, balancing short-term needs with long-term product direction for our app.
- Define and own the metrics of success for our app. Evangelize those metrics throughout the company, and use them to drive insights and new product hypotheses.
- Collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to effectively build, launch and communicate new product features in our app.
- Discover and validate new mobile product opportunities for Outside. Help us achieve our vision and execute our strategy by uncovering and developing new ideas for our app, and for future apps.
This describes you:
- You have at least seven years of product management experience, working on consumer mobile applications where you’ve demonstrated your ability to discover, define and deliver product opportunities.
- You have experience with customer research, and know how to get feedback at the right time from the right customers to help inform your product decisions.
- You have demonstrated experience collaborating closely with product designers and engineers to ship high quality products that delight users. You care deeply about user experience, and value the “little things” that make mobile apps delightful to use.
- You have excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- You’re entrepreneurial-minded and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are execution-focused and driven to ship great products for customers.
- You have experience with modern software development and delivery practices.
Nice to have:
- Experience with consumer subscription products delivered through the App Store and Play Store
- Experience with mapping products, or products where maps play an important role in the user experience.
We are unable to support a Work Visa at this time.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $140,000 to $190,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors