ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
The Art Director is a key contributor within Outside Inc.’s Advertising Marketing department. The art director will primarily collaborate with the creative strategy and custom content teams to design everything from marketing materials and digital ads to print marketing materials and interactive custom digital hubs. As the lead designer, the art director is responsible for the look and feel of all custom content and advertising and marketing materials coming out of the advertising and sales department.
Working alongside the custom content team and within the sales strategy team, the art director will be responsible for designing interactive, Ceros-powered custom marketing sites/materials and custom content hubs, making familiarity with or several years of actual design experience in the Ceros interactive content creation platform ideal.
- Concept, design, and execute custom interactive experiences for Outside Online using Ceros platform
- Design and production of graphic materials for sales, promotional, web, and in-book materials for Outside (Magazine & Digital) and its clients. Print, Front-end Web, and Environmental Graphics are key areas.
- Art direct all custom content, including print, native, and social. Specific duties include layout and design; photo research, editing, and retouching; and occasionally hiring illustrators and art directing photo shoots.
- Oversee creation of beautiful, engaging decks/presentations and mood boards
- Candidate must be exceptionally detail oriented, organized, and able to handle a high volume of different tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work within guidelines and strict project parameters while maintaining a fresh, creative approach and sensitivity to brands (and frequently overlapping) identity systems
- Ability to come up with creative design executions on-the-fly and crank out projects quickly on tight deadlines
- Manage art assets related to marketing department of Outside Brands
Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience Ceros design experience preferred
- Our dream candidate also has a natural talent for typography, a great eye for color, and a fresh and unexpected flair for layout and composition
- Applicants should have an expert knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Ceros, and general front-end web design and development skills. Experience with the K4 publishing environment, Google suite of products (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides), and illustration skills a plus.
- Additional skills that are highly valuable include color management, applied color theory, basic pre-press operations, typesetting, and other skills related to integrated design and production workflow
- A deep understanding of digital media, social media and experiential marketing
- Proven track record of effective cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Proactive and positive approach to problem solving and in working with people
- Organizational skills are a must to succeed on this fast-paced team
- Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic environment with shifting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in the active-outdoor industry and/or a personal interest in the space preferred
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $60,000 to $80,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors