ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Outside Inc. is seeking a creative, results-oriented, experienced sales leader to manage a robust sales team across our extensive portfolio of media brands. Our primary goal is to establish Outside Inc’s credibility as a leader in the space and drive demand for our broad set of solutions.
At Outside, we are dedicated to becoming the home for active lifestyle participants. We create innovative, motivating services that make people more aware of the possibilities with their activities, training, and nutrition and aim to motivate them with more knowledge and inspiration every day.
The ideal candidate can crush sales themselves and motivate a team to succeed. You can sell anything, but your passions are media, consumer programs, and the active lifestyle space. Do you love working hard for your clients, finding solutions to their challenges, not just selling what you have? Do you look at the media landscape and see that while there is change there is also a ton of opportunity? Do you have key relationships and knowledge of your market? Could you talk a dog off a meat truck? If those answers are yes, this job is for you.
Specifically, you will:
- Be the sales leader for a multi-million dollar media territory for a robust omni-channel portfolio of brands with a focus on the core active categories like run, cycling, ski, outdoor, etc.
- Support a team of sales reps with their pipelines, forecasts, goals, and successes to ensure YOY growth.
- Drive strategic planning for your team that will help drive increased sales and deal sizes. Focus here on key categories in your market.
- Carry a book of business yourself and/or work towards specific sales targets with your team.
- Lead the successful daily, weekly, monthly results to ensure forecasts/goals are achieved, through coaching, mentoring as well as letting the individual shine.
- Work with the pre & post sales department, and often editorial departments, to build creative solutions through integrated programs that align with client direction and goals.
- Maintain a project manager role when it comes to executing large multi-media marketing programs for your clients.
- Lead or join client meetings to pitch and close business yourself or with your sales team.
- Stay attuned to new market trends, category insights, events, and new media opportunities.
- Build and maintain strategic senior-level relationships, and attend industry events and client meetings within your geographical team.
- Lead regular meetings for your team.
- Collaborate with other senior and team sales directors to share industry knowledge and winning strategies.
- Participate in sales targets and comp planning.
- Provide regular reporting to senior & executive management.
Required Tasks and Skills:
- 3+ years of leadership/manager success in managing similarly sized team(s) in media sales previously.
- Sell online advertising, custom digital media, print, and event sponsorships to the existing client base and new prospects.
- Develop new sales opportunities through strong prospecting skills.
- Prepare strong presentations, proposals, and sales contracts.
- Ability to develop highly creative and strategic responses to RFPs & media plans.
- Take a proactive approach to sales & marketing and consistent idea generation.
- Track and maintain regular customer service on accounts to make sure we’re delivering and optimizing campaigns.
- Have a strong understanding of revenue goals and forecasting
- High-level understanding of what we can do improve relevance for brands & the various brands we work with as well as working alongside brand managers and publishers to drive the development of individual brands
- Maintain a big-picture outlook to help create and sell multi-advertiser and multi-platform programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of sales experience; 3+ managing a team
- Advanced experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Ability to demonstrate past sales achievements
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Process-oriented with strong analytic interest
- Experience with digital marketing and custom content
- Strong interest in the outdoors and the active healthy lifestyle
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Detail oriented, organized, and has an ability to manage multiple sales initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with flawless attention to detail
- 40-50% travel required.
Colorado Jobs: Employees can expect to be paid a base salary between $100,000 to $150,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and many more. The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.