The Prepress Specialist will have an aptitude for print production plus an understanding of the magazine printing industry standards and advertising graphic design. This person interacts with internal ad coordinators, art directors, photo editors and production director to preflight ad materials, correct, adjust and manipulate images while coordinating with the magazine’s workflow and deadlines.
· Accurately preflight editorial and advertising files for reproduction according to specifications while maximizing production efficiencies.
· Design and produce ads.
· Maintain, manage and organize digital files.
· Create press ready PDFs and upload to the printer.
· Review and approve digital proofs online.
· Create and review color proofs for submission to printers.
· Prepare magazine page files for digital editions on various devices.
· Field questions on proofing, color correcting and production to back up Prepress Manager.
· Assist Prepress Manager and Director of Production and Manufacturing
· Provide backup to the Prepress Manager to correct and adjust color images provided from photographers for magazine web offset print reproduction.
· Work with photo editors, producing quality images for magazine reproduction when needed.
· Other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
• Fluent with CC on a Mac platform
• Minimum of 3 years of electronic prepress or desktop publishing and printing experience and/or vocational/technical degree or equivalent is required.
• Must possess and maintain a working understanding of basic printing theory including digital imposition, overprinting, knockouts, paper characteristics, pagination, ink density, ghosting, color space and color theory.
• Experience with ad production, building ads, manipulating PDFs and pre-flighting, and also building silhouettes and clipping paths skills as needed.
• Experience working with color retouching is helpful.
• Knowledge of all aspects of electronic prepress digital file formats and common desktop publishing tools
• Candidates must be able to differentiate between colors and will be required to complete a color test.
• Proven knowledge to troubleshoot file issues and resolve problems
• Ability to prioritize daily tasks and jobs independently and effectively.
• Strong organization skills to maintain digital library of images, magazine issues and layouts
• Confidence to comfortably navigate a digital network with various platforms
• Good communication required in order to interact with production personnel regarding any problems, questions or concerns with electronic files. Communicate in technical terms with printers.
• Self-motivated, reliable, responsible, detail/quality oriented and punctual. Proactive and positive
• Position requires pre-selection testing/assessments of all final candidates.
• Candidate must have an excellent eye for color in images for print reproduction
• Proven ability to multitask and work under deadline pressure while working independently
• Speed and accuracy
• Knowledge of processes and procedures for digital magazines is helpful.
Colorado Jobs: Employees can expect to be paid an hourly rate of $21.00. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and many more. The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors