ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
The Outside platform engineering group develops tools that power and connect data across 40+ brands in the Outside, Inc. family, such as Outside Online, Yoga Journal, Backpacker and many more. We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to grow our team of active lifestyle participants who share a common interest in federated backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
In this Staff role, you will be joining a team of three other DevOps engineers that work closely with our application developers to ensure our services are built for scale, reliability and performance.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Partner with team members to understand how our platform services are built, deployed and monitored across each of our application stacks
- Document your findings and identify ways to proactively prevent incidents from happening or introduce automation
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
Within 6 months, you will:
- Refine the development, build and deployment processes of our platform infrastructure
- Simplify real-time troubleshooting and operational response to incidents and outages
- Integrate with one of our core brand teams to understand their environment, improve automation, developer experience, observability and align it with our platform services
Within 12 months, you will:
- Lead multiple new project efforts across different teams and business units
- Work with third party vendors to help manage one or more lift and shift migrations
- Improve our security information and event management systems using tools such as Lacework
- Standardize automated deployments and associated tooling
What YOU bring to Outside: (Preferred Qualifications)
- A minimum of 8 years experience operating in a large-scale development environment
- Experience with configuration management software such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS, GCP, Azure, etc., their systems, products and APIs
- Experience improving the services and customer experiences of the platforms you support
- Experience supporting dedicated / on-prem environments, along with planning the migration of those environments to a cloud provider
- The ability to work closely with engineering teams to define requirements, manage project scope, and drive implementation of new services, infrastructure, and observability tools
- The ability and interest to mentor and direct other team members
- A strong opinion on how to build, configure, manage, and maintain complex platforms, while also being open to alternative approaches when necessary
- Experience planning and managing large-scale projects and related efforts, including regular communication with multiple teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $130,000 to $180,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors