Climbing is looking for a passionate, high-energy Digital Editor to help grow the publication’s audience, brand and membership by creating compelling online content. This position reports to Climbing’s content director and is part of a cross-platform editorial team that assigns, edits, and writes content for the website and print magazine related to all aspects of climbing. The Digital Editor writes and produces content for the website, social media, newsletters, email, and print magazine.
The ideal candidate is a climber with knowledge of all disciplines including rock, trad, sport, bouldering, ice, alpine, mountaineering and indoor climbing. They also have national magazine or website editing and writing experience and feel at home on a small team. This position requires organization, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a demanding environment under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate has a passion for analytics and SEO and is comfortable using WordPress and analytics tools including Google Analytics and Parse.ly.
· Conceive, develop, assign, edit, and produce digital content including news, features, service and digital longform articles
· Optimize content for SEO (whether its on-page headlines, meta titles, slugs, or body copy, you know what the page needs to rank in Google)
· Write and create social media content, manage accounts, and engage with audiences across platforms
· Top edit freelancers
· Builds digital stories; Cut-to-fit and proof/line-edit print pages during print production
· Identify key trends, themes, events, news developments and other opportunities for us to broaden and deepen the impact of our editorial offering
· Optimize and repackage print content for climbing.com
Write and create social media content, manage accounts, and engage with audiences across platforms
· Build and manage daily, weekly and monthly content schedule
· Work with Outside Inc. to support its group brand initiatives
· The ability to efficiently manage time, navigating competing demands and clearly communicating and prioritizing deadlines based on editorial demands, traffic goals, and business needs.
· The ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission.
· Ability to understand, establish and evangel best practices with respect to SEO, headlines, image selection and placement, content promotion, and seasonal- and event-driven content strategies.
· Strong display writing and story-packaging skills.
· A strong body of editorial work in the climbing space.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or at least two years’ experience in publishing.
· Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and best practices.
· Analytics and SEO experience is a plus.
· Ideal skills: writing, editing, WordPress or other CMS, social media platforms, social media management tools, Hubspot, Adobe Creative Suite.
· The ideal candidate should be an effective communicator, organized, able to meet deadlines, and comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $45,000 to $55,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors