ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
The Data Enablement team at Outside Interactive, Inc. is looking for a Decision Support Analyst that is passionate about leveraging data to positively change business outcomes. You will partner with both our marketing and commerce units to foster a deep understanding of our marketing efforts and efficacy, as well as commerce ambitions. Our business is rapidly growing, and you will directly influence our future by leveraging your data and analytical skills.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Establish relationships with leadership responsible for leading our marketing efforts as well as our commerce business
- Develop a deep understanding of our marketing platforms, and marketing strategies across our various brands
- Begin diving into our commerce business, understanding our strategy, and the data available to measure our efforts
- Begin your journey into our data, identifying unique source systems, and the types of data available to you
Within 6 months, you will:
- Identify opportunities and risks associated with our marketing efforts, making suggestions to capitalize on your findings, driving better return on ad spend and driving better conversion throughout the funnel
- Foster the trust of the executive leadership team through a proven track record of deriving meaningful insights and recommended actions based on your understanding of our data
- Identify and measure key marketing performance indicators such as: return on ad spend, cost to acquire, funnel movement behaviors, and more
- Establish a data-driven approach to measuring our commerce efforts, including identifying industry benchmarks we can use to measure our effectiveness
- Define issues and ideas to be studied as well as suggesting the best approach (methodological and technical) to be used in solving problems.
- Provide interpretation of raw and/or aggregated data, identify follow-up action items and prepare and present findings to individual contributors and leadership
What YOU bring to Outside: (Preferred Qualifications)
- A curiosity based approach to problem solving, with the ability to investigate several complex subjects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data to identify and suggest key initiatives in a fast moving marketing environment, including email, social, paid search, and display
- Advanced understanding of SQL with the ability to query complex data sets across disparate sources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to craft and tell stories that provide clear direction to our business
- Minimum 2+ years experience working with both raw and aggregated data sets
- Experience analyzing marketing efforts and developing KPIs such as Return on Ad Spend is highly desired
- Data engineering experience, using tools such as Alteryx, DBT, Python, or similar, to analyze disparate and complex raw data sets
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Qlik, or other comparable platforms
- Experience in Cloud based data platforms like Amazon Redshift, Azure Data Warehouse, Snowflake, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $87,000 to $130,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors