As a Director of Membership Partnerships & Development, you will be responsible for leading and fulfilling the strategy for growing IDEA’s membership and partner business. You will drive new and incremental membership revenue in the sales cycle by prospecting, acquiring and developing new and fast-growing business. You will also work closely with Association partners to drive new membership business. You will build a pipeline for identifying, growing and closing business, including statements of work and contracts. You will interact with new and current clients, gain referrals from them and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You will maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions, similar offerings and roadmap of services and solutions.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Living and breathing IDEA’s mission, and significantly growing IDEA’s Membership and reach through emerging and untapped markets.
- Building relationships with key business decision makers and C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace.
- Understanding the needs of your partners and marshaling the right resources to fulfill their needs with direct authority.
- Reinforce the essential nature of building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships for each team member and their customers.
- Train and coach on key characteristics and lead by example.
- Using comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to develop and support project strategies, and to advise and support team members and project partners.
- Prospecting via Email, outbound calls, video conferences and at industry events to open conversations with key partners and create new partnerships.
- Managing the sales pipeline through Sales Force.
- Analyzing the market and establishing competitive advantages.
- Tracking metrics and owning accountability for achieving sales targets.
- Developing and executing strategic plans to exceed sales targets and to increase member benefits through key brand partnership programs to include collegiate, franchisors, licensors, commercial, agency and corporate segments.
- Managing a book of enterprise, relationship-based accounts
- Developing processes and standards to effectively communicate the value proposition through powerful presentations.
- Meeting and exceeding key performance metrics tied to membership growth.
- Developing and maintaining keen knowledge of all IDEA Membership products and services
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven sales and business development history
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic presence with clients and teammates
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment Proficient computer skills and willingness to learn new platforms
- Bachelor's degree & 3 years in a selling environment
- Experience in full sales cycle including demonstrated success in deal closing
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with Sales Force is a plus
- Membership Sales B2B focused
You are a deal maker and self-starter who develops and wins new business in a complex consulting environment. You are a positive force with high energy, drive and determination to overcome obstacles and achieve your goals. You take ownership and encourage others to make a positive impact. You have superb interpersonal skills and can establish relationships with all persons you encounter daily inside and outside of IDEA.
Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $90,000 to $130,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Work hours are typically Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm, however, unusual urgent situations may require the individual to work hours outside of business hours.
This position may have the option of flexible work schedule and or working remotely.